Have I mentioned that fall is my favorite season yet? While summer is wonderful in its own way with beaches and BBQs, fall meals are hands down my favorite. They are homey, comfortable meals that just soothe my soul. I mean seriously, is there really any issue that a bowl of warm stew or a hot cup of cider can’t fix? (Ok… maybe not fix, but definitely make you feel a little better!)
So when I woke up on Sunday and felt that slight crisp in the air, I was dying to get in the kitchen and get to cooking! So here was my first attempt at making Sweet Potato Hash!
4 strips of turkey bacon, diced
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 onion, sliced thin
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a nonstick, oven safe pan, add oil and diced turkey bacon until cooked. Spoon out bacon and place in a bowl on the side.
3. Add cut up sweet potato and onions in pan. Stir occasionally. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes begin to soften.
4. Move potatoes and onions which to create holes within the pan where eggs can be added.
5. Crack 4 eggs into their individual holes. Add bacon back into pan. Season with salt and pepper and place pan in oven.
6. Cook for 10 more minutes in the oven, until eggs are cooked, but still soft in the center.
7 Take out of the oven, plate, and enjoy!
While I do love a good Sunday brunch, this is a great way to have a bit of a Sunday treat without spending the extra cash by going out!
And if that isn’t enough of an incentive to stay home and make your own brunch, remember, you can set your own dress code at home!