Imagine my surprise when I logged into my blog this evening to catch up on some posts in my reader and saw that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the amazing blogger, The Gym Bug! She has so many great fitness posts and is truly an inspiration. If you have not read her blog yet, you are missing out! Click here and read about her fitness journey now!
Thank you so much for the nomination! I truly appreciate the support. I must say, when I first started this blog a month and a half ago, I did not think I would have had any followers at all, I mean I really didn’t think anyone would care about what I had to say. And here I am now with a nomination! So exciting! So let’s get this thing started.
Thank the person that nominated you and answer the 11 questions I have been sent. Then I need to nominate 3-5 fellow bloggers and ask them 11 questions they must answer as well.
Questions I’ve Been Asked
1.What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I have tried to get healthy and fit on and off for the last few years but actually having a blog where I can post my progress, challenges, and results has really helped me stay accountable. I also love reading about other bloggers that are going through the same journey and seeing what pushes them to keep on going.
2. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
This would depend on the day of the week – during the work week I tend to jump right out of bed (lingering will just make me fall back asleep) and right into the shower. I’m usually out the door in 20 minutes. On the weekend, I turn right over and cuddle with the hubby and try to stay in bed as long as possible.
3. What is your favorite book?
Flowers in the Attic – a bit of a mystery thriller I read about 10 years ago and it’s just stayed with me ever since. It’s the only book I pick up to read ever year.
4. If you had one wish what would it be?
The one thing I would wish for is a guarantee that I could live the rest of my life knowing that all my loved ones live a happy, long life.
5. What was the last thing you bought?
The last thing I bought (that was not a meal) was a bit of a splurge. It was a Disney- themed Dooney & Burke messenger bag. I couldn’t help it…if you spend 2 hours in a Disney store you’re going to eventually give in and buy what you really want. No regrets- I used it every day at the parks!
6. What are you most looking forward to about 2016?
I’m looking forward to celebrating my first year of marriage (yay 6 months just accomplished!) and definitely getting in the best shape I have possibly ever been in by the end of the year.
7. Where would you most like to live in the world?
Oh this is definitely a hard one….I love beaches so I think I would choose a Greek island (with a house right on the water) or somewhere in Southern Italy, like the Amalfi Coast. I definitely don’t want to be anywhere that actually experiences a real winter.
8. How do you like your eggs?
My preference in eggs changes pretty often. At the moment I make scrambled eggs with cheese and a little bit of salsa.
9. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Ha – I wanted to be an actress. I remember putting on shows all the time when I was young with my friends or my dolls when no other audience could be found 🙂 .
10. What is your happiest childhood memory?
I was lucky enough to be able to spend a couple of months in Greece every few summers when I was young with my family so I definitely appreciate all those memories.
11. What one thing could you not live without?
My husband – after 7 years together I guess I’m kind of attached to him now.
Yeah….answering those questions definitely took a lot longer than I expected it to! Now as for my nominees, these are some great bloggers whose fitness journey I have also been following. They are all motivational, inspirational, and downright witty at times:
Their Questions to Answer
- Why did you start this blog?
- Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night?
- What is one of your talents?
- What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to/want to travel to?
- What is your best memory from the last year?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What’s one thing that is guaranteed to make to you smile?
- What’s one piece of advice you’d like to share?
Hope you guys have as much fun answering as I have!